The selection process begins with completing the online application. The application consists of some demographic info, a resume and 3 short essays.
Are you ready to stretch and challenge yourself like never before?
We’ve set the bar high to be selected as a BRIGHT Fellow, just as you will set the bar high for the teachers and students you will lead. We all believe in human potential — and there is no greater good than helping others set goals beyond what they believe they can achieve.
Do you hear your inner voice saying not only, “I CAN do this,” but also “I MUST do this”?
WHO YOU ARE
We want to hear from you if you have a bachelor’s degree and successful leadership experience in any professional field – and are committed to helping Ohio students achieve their full potential.
Our Fellows come from diverse professional backgrounds.
WHAT YOU MUST DEMONSTRATE
- Proven ability to inspire others to achieve their full potential
- Proven ability to gain people’s trust and commitment to follow your leadership vision
- Proven ability to make tough decisions and take action in complex situations
- Proven ability to build and lead a high-performance team
- Proven ability to lead change by encouraging diversity, fostering innovation and maintaining a high tolerance for uncertainty, ambiguity and risk
- Proven track record of achieving successful results in prior professional roles
Above all, we are looking for proven leaders with uncompromising ethical standards,a deep belief in the potential
of all children to succeed and the personal passion to help them achieve a brighter future.
*Approximately half of our Fellows have no previous professional experience in education. We believe that a core knowledge of education processes, methods, theory, and the system as a whole is crucial for success. However, we also believe these can be taught and that exceptional leaders can come for different backgrounds and still be successful.
OUR SELECTION PROCESS
Admission into the BRIGHT Fellowship is highly selective. Only those candidates who demonstrate true potential to serve as extraordinary school leaders advance through the multi-stage process.
Our selection process is the most rigorous in the nation for aspiring public education leaders.